06 July 2012

Tomorrow


I will, I will climb up that hill,
I’ll take all my pills,
And start remembering Mommy’s birthday in September November;
I’ll start saving all my cash,
And I swear I won’t have anything to do with hash ever again,
I’ll do just what Daddy said
And stay off that pole and out of that strange man’s bed;
I swear, I’ll think twice before I go home with a guy promising to show me a good time,
Because they never are as rich as they pretend to be,
It’s all a dumb pitch for girls like me;

I will, I will start running again,
I’ll stop drinking all of the gin,
And start to fix that gaping hole that has somehow worn into my soul sole;
I’ll never smoke another cigarette,
And I swear I won’t shoot up and steal a Corvette ever again, 
I’ll do just what they told me to do
And go back to school and stop crying to you;
I swear, I’ll think twice before lifting a grand of merchandise from Macy’s,
Because it’s never worth the thrill,
It’s not worth time in the pen or worth the bill;

I will, I will,
I promise, okay?
Maybe by May I’ll have enough money to move someplace faraway
Then I can sit back and watch the flowers bloom,
But for today I’ll start with cleaning my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.