30 June 2009

Dear Citydwellers,

The rain is here to wash me and my stupid sorryformyself all down the streets & into the sewers where it'll run into the rivers, seep downstream, all the way down stream, & I'll break the levee like the force of nature hurricane that they all call me to my face & make the whole nation cry with me over second chances & reconstruction & floods that keep on coming & coming that are unstoppable, rising up over everyone's stupid sorryforthemself skulls & grabbing hold of the hearts beating in their caged chests & squeezing until there is nothing left but the hollowed, hallowed vessels that stink to high heaven with mangled mugs that can barely be called faces because everyone was so hard-pressed to get to the top, to get to the pearly gates, that no one bothered to watch where they were stepping. But don't worry about the stench, the rain will wash that away, too. We won't have to remember a thing. It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.