23 April 2012

Your words

And then she said, "I am going to keep writing, but I want you to know that these words are not yours. They are not for you or about you or based on you or related to you. They do not signify that I love you or hate you or that I think about you at all. In fact, any resemblance that any of these words bear to your likeness is totally coincidental from this point on. I want to make this clear. These words are MINE. Because you're a little more dead to me every day. Your face, your movements, your scent, your sounds, your essence is vanishing from my mind a handful at a time, soon you'll be totally gone. Soon I won't recognize your face. I'll forget you completely. But I will keep writing. Every day, I will keep writing, and my words will outlive you."
He thought for a moment, and then said, "Okay." His face was blank, but she couldn't help but feel that he was suppressing a smile. She knew that he didn't believe her, the fact that she'd driven out to see him, to deliver this speech, was proof enough against her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.