24 February 2013

Black Swan Costume, 2011

For New Year's Eve 2011 I was supposed to go to some kind of fancy gay costume party with my friend. She worked at Macaroni Grill, and I think she was supposed to get off at 10, but it got to be 11 and they still weren't letting her go, so she quit. By the time she got back from that it was already 11:30 and she didn't have time to do her White Swan costume, so we just went to our friend's house party instead and I looked kind of crazy until I put normal clothes on and redid my makeup. Kind of a shame because this outfit turned out sort of cool.

I created this outfit with the use of a lot of black feathers, black duct tape, and hot glue, pretty much. I took a really cheap lingerie set—a black bra and black little skirt thing—and I added duct tape to the mid section so that my abdomen wasn't showing. Then, I hot glued feathers to the hem of the skirt and along the cup and straps of the bra. Going layer by layer, I glued the rest of the feathers to the duct taped section. 
The makeup was the most fun part. I used a really light base and covered most of my exposed skin in that and then added a dusting of white MAC pigment over that. The eyes were the most fun part. I outlined the shape with Gunmetal Sephora eyeshadow, and next I added black eyeliner in an exaggerated cat-eye shape around my eyelids. Using black liquid liner, I made little feather designs from my browbone to my eyelid, and then I added a little bit of Sephora silver glitter eyeliner on top of that. I took all of these pictures on my really shitty camera phone, so the detail kind of got lost. Oh well.

natalie portman black swan swan lake black feathers rhinestones new years makeup eyeliner mascara powder glitter ballet horror movie photo photography lingerie goth gothic

natalie portman black swan swan lake black feathers rhinestones new years makeup eyeliner mascara powder glitter ballet horror movie photo photography lingerie goth gothic

 This is kind of a terrible picture of me, but I think you can see the eye makeup best in it. 

natalie portman black swan swan lake black feathers rhinestones new years makeup eyeliner mascara powder glitter ballet horror movie photo photography lingerie goth gothic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.