28 February 2013

"What Was Missing": My First Attempt at Drawing on my iPad

marceline and princess bubblegum embracing kissing cartoon cartoon network
So, I've had my iPad for three or four years now, and I've sort of always known that it could be used for drawing—except I've never really understood how it was supposed to work. I've even considered buying a different kind of tablet specifically for drawing (I don't know why I would consider that). For years in the back of my mind I've told myself that it would probably be really beneficial for me to learn how to draw on a tablet. Not to mention that it would save paper, paint, pens, etc., and I wouldn't have a billion drawings lying around that I'm not sure what to do with. Anyway, a few months ago, my friend Richard started drawing on a tablet a lot more and a few weeks ago my friend Craig started using a tablet to. After some advice and instruction from them (and the purchase of a stylus), I felt that I was ready to give it a try. So, here is my first attempt at drawing on a tablet with a stylus. It's not perfect, and I'm pretty sure that there are tons of tools and options that I've yet to discover that would make this look much better, but I'm pretty happy with it for my first try. =] 
Also, I decided to draw Princess Bubblegum and Marceline (Bubbline/Bubbeline) from Adventure Time because they've not overly complicated and I'm sort of familiar with how they should look. So, yeah, not perfect, but an okay first try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.