06 March 2013

No love for Stannis

Game of thrones stannis reminds me of eeyore stannis baratheon gloomy nobody loves me evil george r. r. martin

Stannis from George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones series always kind of reminds me of Eeyore. Being like, "Boohoo, nobody loves me!" is sort of his M.O. I always feel a bit bad for Stannis, even though I don't particularly like anything he's done so far. He just strikes me as a typical children's show villain who wasn't hugged enough as a child, whose brothers got all of the good Christmas presents, and who now lives in a dark tower thinking of ways to get back at the world and take back what he feels he's entitled to. Often when I'm reading the second book, I just want to put an arm around Stannis and be like, "Hey, buddy, hang in there. Someone will appreciate you someday. In the meantime, though, probably stop hanging out with dark sorceresses because that's sort of a red flag for evildoing." Melisandrel is totally not a good influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.