09 April 2013

Rorschachs and Russian Dolls


I opened your letter and saw "I'd rather we not speak"
I unfastened your request for the dissolution of us and out fell a soggy jewelry box 
I forced open the waterlogged box and inside was a rusty wedding ring
I cracked open the ring and found that you'd failed to remember your prescription
I uncapped your forgotten pill bottle and realized that I was the sick one
I unhinged my skull and inside I found you pole dancing
I drilled a hole in the pole and peeked inside to find you taking out my nipple piercings
I unscrewed the left barbell and found that I had once been a commodity
I tore open my torso and inside was a girl who believed I was God
I pulled back God's curtain and revealed that I’d been making up rules as I went along
I burned up the rules and in the ashes found that I needed you more than I could admit
I unwrapped my own neediness and inside was a history of tangled dishonesty
I unknotted those lies and at the center I found that I look for love amongst brambles
I weeded through the needles and thorns and there you were again dressed as a nun
I unzipped your dress and ripped off your habit and inside was a bitter white banshee 
I unrolled the holy ghost and found that I'd rather we not speak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to ask.